Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Scottish Central Railway.
This was a two platform station with heavily canopied platforms. Road access was curious being by the up platform and under the overbridge to the south of the station. The platforms were largely, but not entirely north of the overbridge.
The station was rebuilt and expanded in 1893. The box was replaced. Buildings were replaced and the station was resignalled in 1903 to have a north (the existing box) and south box. The south box closed in 1932. The north box was on the west side of the station to the north of the buildings on the northbound platform.
The goods yard was on the east side of the station. It was served by a reversing spur to the north of the platforms.
The station closed in 1965 and the box in 1971.
The station building survives in use as a house.
Bridge of Allan station opened just to the south in 1985 to replace the original station.
Bridge of Allan
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Cornton Siding|
Mill o^ Keir Viaduct
Cornton Level Crossing
Easter Cornton Level Crossing
University of Stirling
Waterside Level Crossing
Stirling Old Bridge
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)