Burnockhill Junction (1903-1903)
Burnockhill Junction (-1929)
Opened on the Ayr and Cumnock Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This junction served Burnockhill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2. The junction was between Belston Junction (to the west) and Ochiltree (to the east). The Burnock Viaduct was to the east.
The junction was from the west end of a pair of looped sidings, on the south side of the line. There was a siding on the south side of the loops and a headshunt to the west.
The signal box was on the north side of the loops.
Cairntable Halt [Knockshinnoch]
Other railway and industry locations
Burnockhill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Dumfries House Siding
Whitehill 1,2 Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|