This was the works of John G Stein and Co. Ltd. It was served by a siding from the Caledonian Railway which was on the south side of the line. The location was just north of where the Caledonian Railway passed under the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway on the approach to Greenhill Lower from the south.
It opened around 1904 with a signal box, 'Castlecary', opening at the junction.
The box closed in 1975 and the works closed in 1981.
To the south was the abortive Castlecary Curve.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
| Castlecary Curve|
Fireclay and Limeworks
New Bonnyrigg Pit
Banknock Colliery Cannerton Pit
Greenhill Upper Junction
Upper Bonnyrigg Pit
Banknock Colliery Livingstone Pit
Greenhill South Signal Box
Castlecary Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian