Causewayend Engine House (1840-1864)
Opened on the Slamannan Railway.
An engine house was located at the top of the Causewayend Incline which ran uphill westwards from Causewayend Basin to Causewayend Incline Top, a distance of around half a mile.
The engine house was located on the north side of the line where the route curved from westwards to south west, the house being inline with the westwards climb. Alongside the engine house were three looped lines on its south side, on the curve. A pond was on the west side of the engine. The incline engine was dispensed with in 1864.
The line was open for passengers until 1930 and closed in 1964.
The formation of the line itself is still visible.
Causewayend [MR] [1st]
Causewayend [MR] [2nd]
Manuel High Level
Manuel Low Level
Other railway and industry locations
Causewayend Incline Top
Whitecross Brick Factory
Manuel Bo^ness Junction Shed
Maddiston Craigend Colliery
Bo^ness Low Junction
Polmont East Signal Box
Muiravonside Country Park
River Avon Aquaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|