Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This station was opened on the west bank of the Cobbinshaw Reservoir (a feeder for the Union Canal).
The station was by Cobbinshaw Siding, or Cobbinshaw Mineral Depot, several sidings alongside an pumphouse with an engine. The engine was on the east side of the line alongside the reservoir. The sidings probably provided the engine with coal.
The Edinburgh and Leith Water Company were granted permission to lay their water pipe alongside the railway from the reservoir to the city.
The signal box here, Cobbinshaw Mineral Depot, was replaced in 1914 and closed in 1966.
A permanent station was opened at Cobbinshaw [2nd].
| North Cobbinshaw Lime Works|
South Cobbinshaw Colliery
Harburn Limeworks Signal Box
Tarbrax Oil Works
Burngrange Shale Mine Pit No 39
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian