This was the junction between the North British Railway's branch to the Coltness Iron Works and the course of the Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway.
The junction was east of Morningside [NBR]. The branch was single track and joined the extreme east end of the station's loop.
Allanton Iron Foundry
Allanton Brick and Tile Works
Chapel Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Watsonhead Loading Pad
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Lanarkshire's Lost Railways
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
|The Monkland & Kirkintilloch and associated railways|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian