This quarry was served by sidings from the Solway Junction Railway. The quarry was on both sides of the line, particularly the west, accessed by using a reversing spur which was approached from the south.
There was a signal box between 1874 and 1892 when it was replaced by a ground frame.
The line closed to the north in 1931 and to the south (accessed from Shawhill Junction) in 1951.
Other railway and industry locations
Chapelcross Power Station
Bonshaw Tile Works
Bonshaw Clay Pit
Kirtlebridge Brick Works Signal Box
Eastriggs Ground Frame
Mossfoot Ammunition Depot
Thomas Carlyle^s Birthplace
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|