Craigag Lodge, part of the estate of Conaglen, was once owned by the Earls of Morton.
In the time of the promotion of the West Highland Railway and the Mallaig Extension (West Highland Railway) the Earl of Morton was:
Sholto John Douglas (1818–1884), 18th Earl of Morton (from 1858)
Sholto George Douglas (1844–1935), 19th Earl of Morton (from 1884)
The Mallaig Extension (West Highland Railway) passes close to the rear of lodge (to its north). The landowner had been opposed to the building of the railway to Roshven, which was later to bve built to Mallaig instead.
Loch Eil Outward Bound
Fort William [1st]
| Craigag No 62 Tunnel|
Brein-choille Camp ?
Leachabhuidh No 78 Tunnel
Leachabhuidh No 79 Tunnel
Pnuematic Power Station
St Mary and St Finnan
Sgurr nan Coireachan
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|