Fairfields Siding

Location type

Station

Names and dates

Fairfield Siding (1861-1866)
Fairfields Siding (1866-1866)

Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.

Description

This was a farm siding and, between 1861 and 1866, a halt. The siding was on the north side of the line and approached from the west. There was a level crossing to the east. The crossing was equipped with home and distant signals. There was a cottage on the south side of the line, east of the crossing. Fairfield Farm is just to the north.

Road re-alignment has partly obliterated the trackbed here after closure. The cottage has not survived.

Tags

Siding halt


Books


The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)