Glengarry Lead Smelter

Location type

Works

Name and dates

Glengarry Lead Smelter (1768-1870)

Description

This lead smelter was east of Clifton mining village (by Tyndrum). It was abandoned by the time the Callander and Oban Railway reached Tyndrum [1st], but the lead mines survived it for some time afterwards, the Tyndrum Lead Mine to smelter waggonway being adapted to deliver to the Tyndrum station.

Tags

Smelter

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67