Grangemouth No 4 Signal Box (West Cut) (1906-1985)
Opened on the Grangemouth Harbour Railways (Caledonian Railway).
This box was associated with the single track swing bridge over the West Cut, between Carron Dock (west) and Western Channel (east). Its purpose was to signal the bridge was in position, the box was not a block post.
The line crossing the bridge linked Grangemouth No 3 Signal Box to sidings, quayside lines and transit sheds on the north side of the Western Channel and Grange Dock. The lines continued a far as the Eastern Channel.
The box closed in 1985, or earlier. It still stands along with the swung open bridge.
Grangemouth No 5 Signal Box (East Cut) fulfilled a similar purpose at the east end of the Grange Dock.
Manuel Low Level
Manuel High Level
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Grangemouth Docks Shed
BP Chemicals Junction
Grangemouth No 3 Signal Box
Grangemouth No 2 Signal Box
Gas Oil Exchange Sidings
Grangemouth Shed [1st]
Grangemouth Western Channel
Grangemouth Old Dock
Grangemouth Junction Dock
Grangemouth Old Harbour
Grangemouth Canal Basin
Grangemouth Timber Basin
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|