This was the Caledonian Railway's plant producing creosote treated sleepers, opened 1876. It was located on the short link between Greenhill Upper Junction and Greenhill Lower Junction built by the Scottish Central Railway.
Access was from the east and the works was on the north side of the link. To its north was the Caledonian Railway line from Garnqueen South Junction to Greenhill Lower Junction. The works was rebuilt around 1920.
There was a Greenhill Creosote Works signal box on the short link, this was replaced (along with other boxes) by Bonnybridge Junction.
The works closed and the site has returned to farm use.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
| Bonnybridge Junction|
Bonnybridge Junction Yard
Glenyards Brick Works
Greenhill Shed [CR]
Greenhill South Signal Box
Greenhill Goods [CR]
Greenhill Upper Junction
Greenhill Lower Junction
Dykehead Firebrick Works
Milnquarter Brick Works
Bonnybridge Silica and Fire Clay Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)