Opened on the Cornhill Branch (North Eastern Railway).
This was a single platform station with a loop. The platform was on the west side on the loop line. The building was a two storey stone building, typical of the line. There was a signal box opposite the north end of the passenger platform, similar to that at Norham.
The goods yard was accessed via a reversing spur at the south end of the passenger platform line.
The station closed to passengers in 1930 and completely in 1953.
The station building is now the Hedgeley Antiques Centre . Much of the station site is now 'The Village Tearoom & Emporium'. Railway cottages also survive to the north west of the site.
Hedgeley Hall is to the east. Hedgeley Farms
Other railway and industry locations
Haugh Head Crossing
Alnwick Power Station
Bendor Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|