Kilwinning Junction

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

Kilwinning Junction (1840-)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.

Description

This junction is north of Kilwinning station. It s the junction between the line from Glasgow to Ayr and the branch to Ardrossan. Also known as Ardrossan Branch Junction.

There was a signal box at the north end of the station, east side of the junction, until electrification of the line in the 1980s. It was not the original box having been replaced in 1887. It closed in 1986, replaced by the Paisley Signalling Centre.

Tags

Junction