Ladylands Platform

Location type

Station

Names and dates

Ladylands Siding (1861-1927)
Ladylands Platform (1927-1934)

Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.

Description

This was a farm siding and passenger halt. The siding was on the north side of the line, approached from the west. It was just east of a level crossing. There was a railway cottage on the north side of the line at the crossing. The crossing was not signalled.

The halt closed in 1934 and line in 1959.

The cottage has not survived.

Tags

Station halt platform

Books


The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)