Muirhouse Engineering Works

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Muirhouse Engineering Works (-1987)

Opened on the Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway).

Opened on the General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway.


Description

This small railway workshops was south of Muirhouse Road on the west side of the Glasgow Central approach lines. It was bounded on the west side by the Muirhouse Saw mills and the line from Muirhouse to Terminus Junction.

The works were to survive until around 1987 at CCE sidings.

The land is presently (2018) vacant.

The Etna foundry was to the north of the site, over Muirhouse Road and the Tradeston Gas Works to the north west.

01/09/2018

Tags

Siding workshops

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map