This was a two platform station on the Shotts line. There was a goods yard on its north side, approached from the east and a siding on the south side, east of the station, approached from the west. The signal box was a the east end of the westbound platform.
The east end siding connected with a tramway which ran south to Murieston Mine.
Just west of the station was Westfield Mine, on the south side of the line and approached from the west.
The signal box closed in 1945. The station closed in 1959.
The railway remains open, recently (2019) electrified.
| Shale Mine|
Linhouse Water Viaduct
Hermand Oil Works
Linhousewater Signal Box
Westwood Oil works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian