This was a single platform station with a passing loop. The goods yard was on the west side, approached from the north, and passenger platform on the east side with a two storey station building. The signal box was at the north end, east side of the line, and south of the road bridge.
From the goods yard the Pinmore and Tormichell Quarry Railway ran north east along roads, initially crossing the road bridge north of the station. The quarry was a lime works.
The signal box closed in 1964 along with the loop and goods yard. The station closed to passengers the following year.
Pinmore House is nearly two miles south by road. The name Pinmore now applies more to the area of the former station.
The station building is now a house. No sidings remain.
To the north is Pinmore Tunnel and to the south Kinclair Viaduct.
| Kinclair Viaduct|
Girvan No 1 [1st]
Lig Burn Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|15/11/1922||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Southbound freight train parts near Pinmore, the second portion catches up with the first portion and crashes into it.
|/ /1939||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Due to wartime traffic, Pinmore, Pinwherry, Barrhill and New Luce loops lengthened to 12 carriages. Bryson tablet exchange introduced.
|/ /1964||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinmore signal box and loop closed.
|06/06/1965||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinmore, Pinwherry, Glenwhilly and New Luce stations closed.