Opened on the Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Pitlurg was a generously laid out two platform station at a very rural farming location in Aberdeenshire.
The station had a long passing loop on the single track route from Ellon to Boddam. There was a goods yard on the west side, approached from the south. The main station building, a typical Great North of Scotland Railway building of the period, was on the southbound platform.
After closure to passengers the line continued until 1948 for goods only. The signal box, on the southbound platform, closed with the withdrawal of passenger trains in 1932.
The station site is overgrown and portions of platforms survive. The road overbridge to the south remains, with a nearby railway cottage just to the north, on the east side of the line. The station road also remains, running up the east side of the site to the site.
Bullers O^ Buchan Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Stirling Hill Quarry
Peterhead Power Station
HM Prison Peterhead
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|