This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the westbound platform, there was a waiting shelter on the eastbound platform and a signal box ('B' listed). The buildings were of Caledonian Railway style. There was a goods loop to the north and a goods yard, approached from the west.
The station, box and line closed in 1951.
Much use of concrete was made in building this line, and this can be seen at the former station and nearby bridges.
The buildings remain standing, one of the most complete examples of a station in Scotland. It is a remarkable survivor.
The site is now a static caravan park. There has been some infilling between the platforms and a house built at the east end.
| St Fillans Tunnel|
Tarken Viaduct East
Tarken Viaduct West
Glentarken Wood Viaduct
Glen Tarken Viaduct
Ardveich Wood Viaduct
Lord Melville Monument
Comrie Railroad, House of Ross
Deils Caldron Waterfall
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1901||Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway|
Opened from Comrie to St Fillans, extending the existing line west from Comrie.
|01/07/1904||Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway|
Line extended from St Fillans to Lochearnhead [2nd] for passengers.
|18/07/1904||Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway|
Opened to goods and minerals from St Fillans to Lochearnhead [2nd].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Upper Strathearn: Crieff - Balquhidder