Torryburn

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Torryburn (1906-1930)

Opened on the Kincardine and Dunfermline Railway (North British Railway).

Description

A single platform station on the south side of a loop. A goods yard was to the west, on the south side of the line and served from the west.

The timber building, different to the usual North British Railway pattern, had a small canopy. It was at the east end of the platform.

Bayview road now occupies the site of the goods yard. Little remains of the station but the line is still open.

Tags

Station loop

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
08/07/2018



Books


Mining from Kirkintilloch to Clackmannan and Stirling to Slamannan

Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire's Lost Railways