Udston Signal Box

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Udston Signal Box (-1923)

Opened on the Hamilton and Strathaven Railway.


Description

This was the signal box for Udston Colliery. The colliery was on the west side of the line and the signal box on the east side at the point of connection.

The box was replaced in 1906 with a larger structure and closed in 1923. The line remained open until 1953.

The location is now housing. There is a portion of the trackbed, overgrown, to the north west.

12/08/2019

Tags

Signal box

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map