Opened on the Cornhill Branch (North Eastern Railway).
This was a two platform station in the east of Wooler. The two storey station building, typical of the line, was on the northbound platform, that closest to the town. This had a large timber extension porch on the platform side.
The goods yard was to the south, approached by a reversing spur which ran south off the northbound line. The yard had a large goods shed, loading banks and docks.
There was a second animal dock to the north of the station, loop and a level crossing, located on the west side of the line by the town's market. This was approached from the south, over the level crossing, and ran north to a loop - reversal from this loop reached the long loading bank.
There were signal boxes at the north end of the loop and to the south of the station, just south of where the line crossed Wooler Water. Both boxes were at level crossings.
The station closed to passengers in 1930. The line south to Idlerton was closed in 1948. Final closure was in 1965.
The station building still stands, now housing, and the platform area is now gardens.
The goods shed also still stands, and is now an antiques warehouse. Millers Antiques
A bus and coach company is based in the former goods yard
Glen Valley .
The auction market remains open. Harrison and Hetherington By the former northern level crossing here (Berwick Road) a former crossing keeper's house still stands. Another still stands at the southern level crossing (B6348).
The St Cuthbert's Way crosses the former railway just to the south of the former station.
Ford Forge Mill
Other railway and industry locations
Haugh Head Crossing
Kirknewton Crossing [NER]
West Learmouth Viaduct
Bendor Level Crossing
Budle Point Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|