Blackbraes Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)

Introduction

This mineral line ran west from near Causewayend to mines in the Blackbraes and Shieldhill area. The route augmented the private line which reached Falkirk by a series of zig-zags.



Portions of line and locations

This line is divided into a number of portions.


Blackbraes Branch

This was the junction between the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway's 1847 line between Causewayend Junction and Bo'ness High Junction and the 1850 mineral line west to Maddiston Craigend Colliery and Shieldhill Colliery.
...

More details

See also
Slamannan Junction Railway










Part of the 3ft gauge peat railway operated by William Sinclair Horticulture, Gardrum Moss, Shieldhill, near Falkirk in 2000. [Ref query 2273]
...
Ewan Crawford //2000
1 of 1 images.