This line is closed. It was a short double track railway connecting Greenhill, of low population, to nearby Bonnybridge and the various works which had established by the Forth and Clyde Canal, encouraging more to be established. It closed to passengers in 1933 and was singled, surviving into the 1960s. After closure to passengers it was known as Bonnybridge (Canal).
|/ /1883||Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
|01/07/1886|| Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Opened to goods.
|02/08/1886||Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Opened from Bonnybridge Junction through Greenhill to passengers to Bonnybridge [CR].
|28/07/1930||Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Bonnybridge Junction to Bonnybridge [CR] closed to passengers. Later, Bonnybridge [CR] becomes Bonnybridge Canal Goods.
|07/12/1964||Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Closed from Bonnybridge Canal Goods to Bonnybridge Junction.
These locations are along the line.
This was a double track junction immediately west of Greenhill Lower Junction. The 1886 Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway) met the 1848 Greenhill branch of the Caledonian Railway. Going east the Bonnybridge line passed through the northern two platforms of Greenhill Lower station.