Bonnybridge [CR] (1886-1930)
Bonnybridge Canal Goods (1930-1964)
Opened on the Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was the terminus of a short branch from Bonnybridge Junction. The line was double track. The terminus had a single platform on the west side of the line with a loop. There was a small station building.
The goods yard was on the east side. This had a double faced loading bank and large goods shed. Alongside to the east was the 1870 Columbian Foundry.
To the south was the signal box, on the west side of the line. It opened with the line.
Additional sidings opened on the west side to serve the Caledonian Stove And Iron Works.
The branch was singled in 1929, the southbound line lifted and signal box closed. It closed to passengers in 1930. It was known as Bonnybridge Canal afterwards.
The branch remained open until 1964 for goods. One of the last uses was as a car distribution depot.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Greenhill Lower Junction
Chattan Stove and Iron Works
Dykehead Firebrick Works
Milnquarter Brick Works
Greenhill Goods [CR]
Greenhill Shed [CR]
Bonnybridge Junction Yard
Greenhill Creosote Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|