The Clyde Iron Works were fully taken over by David Colville and Sons in 1931. The blast furnaces were replaced and new coke ovens, ore and coal delivery areas, ore stockyard and a new purely ore delivery area were added between the 1930s and 1960s. The works closed in 1978.
For the pre 1931 era see Clyde Iron Works Railways.
These locations are along the line.
These boxes served the Clyde Iron Works from 1897. Clyde Iron Works Signal Box [1st] was replaced in 1897 when a second entry to the works opened. A curve, also approached from the east, connected with a works line which had served a coal pit close to the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway). The new box was mid way between the two access points and, once again, on ...More details