Camden Road

The graffiti-scarred London Overground bridge over Camden Road, once part of the Broad Street to Richmond line that Beeching wanted to close, seen from a DW type bus on TfL route no. 29 to Trafalgar Square, on 4th July 2024. The entrance to Camden Road station, which still bears its original name Camden Town, is beyond the bridge on the right and is a splendid surviving section of the station that originally opened in December 1850 by the East & West India Docks & Birmingham Junction Railway, renamed to the much simpler North London Railway in 1853.

Location: Camden Road

Original line: East and West India Docks and Birmingham Junction Railway

Photographer: David Bosher

Contact photographer: David Bosher

Contact editor

Date: 04/07/2024

Image number: 90055

Other photographs of Camden Road on RailScot