Camden Town

West side entrance to Camden Town station, designed by Leslie W. Green (1874-1908) and opened as part of the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway on 22nd June 1907, seen here on 4th July 2024. It was joined here by the City & South London Railway in 1924 with its extension from Euston (and also with its extension from Embankment to Kennington in south London), and after the extension of the CSLR from Clapham Common to Morden in 1926, the combined lines became known as the Morden-Edgware line until 1937 when it became the Northern Line.

Location: Camden Town

Original line: Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway

Operator: TfL

Photographer: David Bosher

Contact photographer: David Bosher

Contact editor

Date: 04/07/2024

Image number: 90068

Other photographs of Camden Town on RailScot