This is a terminus for both the main line trains from Shrewsbury and the Vale of Rheidol Railway.
The main line platform, number 1 (formerly 3) with a loop, is in the north of the station. The Vale of Rheidol platforms are in the south - for historical reasons platforms 4 and 5. Platforms were numbered from north to south.
The station building (built 1925, architect Harris and Sheppard) presents a rather imposing two storey frontage onto Alexandra Road, topped with a clock tower at the north end of the building.
Historically the station also served the closed Manchester and Milford Railway (from 1867 to 1964) which continued south, ultimately leading to Carmarthen.
The Aberystwyth Cliff Railway is to the north.
Aberystwyth [V of R] [2nd]
Aberystwyth [V of R] [1st]
| V of R Shed|
Aberystwyth Cliff Railway
Bwlch Glas Mine
Cei Tafarn Isa
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|23/06/1864||Aberystwyth and Welch Coast Railway|