Ardrossan Shed [CR] (1888-1923)
Ardrossan North Shed (1923-1931)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a four road shed. It was located east of Ardrossan North on the north side of the line. The shed opened with the line and closed in 1931, although used for storage until 1953. Displaced locomotives were assigned to Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd] in 1931. Even after closure a track retained here was used for holding locomotives.
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan South Beach
Ardrossan Winton Pier
Other railway and industry locations
Ardrossan North Shed
Ardrossan North Goods
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd]
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [1st]
Ardrossan Harbour Signal Box
Ardrossan Western Breakwater
Ardrossan Old Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1923||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Ardrossan Shed [CR] renamed Ardrossan North Shed.
|/07/1931||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Ardrossan North Shed closed and locomotives transferred to Ardrossan Shed [G&SW] [2nd] .
|/ /1953||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Ardrossan North Shed demolished after being used for storage.