This was a 30 arch double track viaduct with a girder bridge crossing roads at either end - Kelburn Street at the west end on the approach to Barrhead South and Arthurlie Street at the east end on the approach to Barrhead New.
18 arches were demolished in 1985 and 6 later.
Of the 30 arches 6 remain today at the west end.
At the east end were a further 3 arches beyond the girder bridge - also sadly demolished. So, arguably a 33 arch viaduct, 35 spans, with an overall length of 1510 ft.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Barrhead South|
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
Barrhead Gas Works
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Barrhead Central Box
Barrhead Mineral Depot
Aurs Burn Viaduct
Barshagra Signal Box
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
Shanks Victorian Pottery Works
Barrhead South Junction
Blackbyres Junction [CR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Paisley & Barrhead District Railway