Blantyre No 4 Pit Box
Opened on the Hamilton and Strathaven Railway.
This was the junction for Blantyre Colliery Pit No 4 which was north west of the junction, between Blantyre and High Blantyre on the former Hamilton and Strathaven Railway.
The railway was double track and siding single. The box was east of the junction on the north side of the line. There were exchange sidings in the 'V' of the junction, parallel to the main line.
The box and branch closed in 1931.
The railway closed in 1960. The site is now housing. The southern alignment of the closed railway at this point is the northern boundary of Blantyre Cemetery.
Bothwell [North British]
Calderwood Glen Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Auchinraith Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Blantyre Colliery Pit No 4
Priestfield Colliery No 1
Blantyre Pits Signal Box
Blantyre Colliery Pit No 2
Birdsfield Wagon Works
Birdsfield Tile Works
Blantyre Colliery Pit No 3
Auchinraith Junction [NBR]
Rotten Calder Viaduct
Blantyre Junction [CR]
C W Ireland Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|