This was a single platform station.
It was located to the south of today's A737 with the platform on the west side and sidings approached from the south also on the west side.
The line here was originally the Barkip Railway,a mineral line serving the Glengarnock Iron Works, before being taken over by the Caledonian Railway.
Dalry Junction [Station]
| Gurdie Sidings|
Barcosh Ironstone Pit
Beith Town Shed
Birsieknowe Ironstone Pit No 1
Glengarnock Signal Box
Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box
Glengarnock Blast furnaces
Glengarnock Steelworks Girder Shop
Giffen Coal Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/09/1906||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Brackenhills station, on the Kilbirnie [CR] branch, opened for coaching traffic.
|01/12/1930||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Kilbirnie South to Giffen closed to passengers. Kilbirnie South, Glengarnock High and Brackenhills closed. Glengarnock High (excluded) to Giffen (excluded) closed.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland