Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Ayr and Cumnock Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This was a single platform station about 3/4 of a mile south of Cumnock itself. The platform was on the north side of the line.
The goods yard was at the west end of the station, on the north side of the line, coming off the west end of a goods loop on the north side of the line.
The signal box 'Cumnock A&C' was on the south side of the line, west of the platform, opposite the goods yard.
The station closed to passengers in 1951.
The signal box closed in 1954 and the goods yard was reduced to a single siding.
The line survived until 1964.
The site is now housing.
To the east was the Cumnock Viaduct, which still stands.
Benbain No 3 Pit
| Cumnock Viaduct|
Glengyron Coal Pit
Blackstone Branch Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|