This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the southbound platform. The building, Glasgow and South Western Railway in style, bore a strong resemblance to the now gone building on the northbound platform at Maybole.. There was a goods yard to the east, on the south side of the line, served from the west. The platforms crossed the main road to the south of the station.
This station most likely had a loop before the line was doubled as there had been signal box, replaced in 1894. The line between Ayr and Girvan was doubled between 1894 and 1895. The signal box was at the north end of the southbound platform, alongside the goods yard turnout.
The station closed in 1965, the signal box closed the following year and the line was singled in 1973.
The station site became a small industrial site. The goods yard became is now the Hillview Caravan Park. The station house, a later addition, remains as the office of the park.
Dailly itself is to the south of the former station.
| Kilgrammie Colliery|
Dalquharran 1,2 Mine
Dalquharran Tile Works
Romilly Colliery Maxwell No 2 Colliery
Dalquharran Signal Box
Bargany Signal Box
Maxwell No 4 Colliery
Craighead Lime Works
Kilkerran Acid Works
Souter Johnnie's Cottage
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|