Dalchonzie Platform (1904-1951)
Opened on the Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway.
This was a timber platform across the single track from a combined signal box and house (as found on the Callander and Oban Railway). There was a siding. The line closed in 1951.
The building remains standing in use as a house.
Also known as Dalchonzie Siding (and also Dalchonzie Halt).
Dalchonzie Viaduct is to the west.
Other railway and industry locations
St Fillans Tunnel
Tarken Viaduct East
Tarken Viaduct West
Glentarken Wood Viaduct
Glen Tarken Viaduct
Comrie Railroad, House of Ross
Lord Melville Monument
Deils Caldron Waterfall
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Upper Strathearn: Crieff - Balquhidder