Deeside Goods

Location type


Name and dates

Deeside Goods (1855-1951)

Opened on the Deeside Goods (Great North of Scotland Railway).


This goods yard was on the east side of the Aberdeen Railway terminus Aberdeen Guild Street and its goods yard, both opened in 1854. Deeside Goods opened in 1855 and owned by the Great North of Scotland Railway. That line had opened 1854 and was extended to Aberdeen Waterloo in 1855. Deeside Goods and Aberdeen Waterloo were linked by the street tramway (Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway).

Deeside Goods was altered and later subsumed into Aberdeen Guild Street Goods, now closed.


Goods sidings