This tramway of street railways and quayside lines served the Aberdeen Docks. Prior to the opening of the Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway) one of the tramway routes provided the connection between Aberdeen Guild Street, terminus of the Aberdeen Railway, and Aberdeen Waterloo, terminus of the Waterloo Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Before 1915 most of the shunting was carried out uses horses. The Admiralty then asked the Great North of Scotland Railway to take over, the company bringing in locomotives for the work (initially the company used former distillery locomotives).
Expansion took the lines to Aberdeen Gas Works and Aberdeen Corporation Electricity Works.
|/ /1881||Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway|
Permission granted to the Great North of Scotland Railway allowing locomotives onto the harbour lines.
|/ /1921||Aberdeen Railway
Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway|
Caledonian Railway authorised to build line from Aberdeen Guild Street goods to Aberdeen Corporation Electricity Works.
|/ /1921||Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway|
Aberdeen Corporation authorised to use the Aberdeen Harbour railways, Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway.
These locations are along the line.
This quay is at the west end of Waterloo Dock and its Upper Dock. It is on the north side of the docks. The Regent Bridge, between the docks, links Regent Quay to Jamieson's Quay (Upper Dock) and Blaike^s Quay (Victoria Dock). To the east is Aberdeen Waterloo Quay.
This gas works was started in 1840 and transferred to the town corporation around 1870. The Aberdeen Corporation Gas Department was transferred to the Scottish Gas Board in 1949.