Dripps Quarry Signal Box (1877-1884)
Opened on the Busby Railway.
This signal box, servicing Dripps Quarry which was reached by a zig-zag line, was between Thorntonhall (to the west) and Hairmyres.
The siding was on the south side, approached from the west. By a double reversal the quarry to the south was reached.
The box opened between 1876 and 1877. It closed in the 1880s, however the siding remained open until at least the Great War.
The siding site has been largely obliterated by road construction and new housing.
Other railway and industry locations
Busby Print Works
East Kilbride Shed
Clarkston East Junction
Clarkston West Junction
Mavor and Coulson
Muirend Carriage Sidings
New Braidbar Quarry
National Museum of Rural Life
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|