Dunmore Junction (1885-1950)
Opened on the South Alloa Branch (Scottish Central Railway).
Opened on the Alloa Railway.
This was a double track junction with the signal box on the west side. It opened in 1885 when the Alloa Railway extended the South Alloa Branch (Caledonian Railway) to Alloa (Alloa West Junction and Alloa Goods [CR] over the Alloa Bridge. The terminus at South Alloa closed to passengers.
The South Alloa line had been single track. The portion south to Alloa Junction was doubled. Just north of Dunmore Junction on the South Alloa route the route dropped down to a single track.
The route to South Alloa closed completely in 1950, save for a headshunt to reach a depot. The junction became a single lead, approaching a loop from which, by reversal, the depot was reached. The box closed in 1952 but a ground frame was installed.
The route to Alloa closed in 1968 to passengers and 1970 to goods. The line remained open for access to RNAD Bandeath until 1978.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Other railway and industry locations
Forth Bridge Signal Box
Alloa Wet Dock
Alloa Glass Works
Kelliebank Glass Works
Forth Shipbuilding Yard
Eglinton Bottling Stores
Kelliebank Bottling Stores
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|