Throsk was a two platform minimal station to the south of Alloa Bridge. It opened in 1890, shortly after the railway opened in 1885. Platforms were in brick and there was minimal shelters on each.
The trackbed remains intact but the platforms are gone.
To the north of the station the line singled on the approach to Alloa Bridge. Throsk signal box, opened with the line, controlled the approach and also the branch to RNAD Bandeath which ran off to the west. The later kept the line open until 1978, some years after the closure of the station in 1966, bridge in 1968 and box in 1970.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Alloa Bridge|
Forth Bridge Signal Box
Eglinton Bottling Stores
Kelliebank Glass Works
Forth Shipbuilding Yard
Kelliebank Bottling Stores
Alloa Shed [CR]
Alloa Glass Works
Bass Crest Brewery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Longcarse Junction (excluded) to Throsk (excluded) closed to freight.
|/ /1978||RNAD Bandeath|
Military base by Throsk closed. It was served by the Alloa Railway. The works had an internal railway system. It is now an industrial estate.
|01/04/1978||Alloa RailwaySouth Alloa Branch (Scottish Central Railway)|
Throsk to Dunmore Junction to Alloa Junction closed to freight.