Ferguslie Viaduct

Location type

Bridge

Name and dates

Ferguslie Viaduct (1840-)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.

Description

This double track masonry and brick viaduct is east of the former Canal Junction [Elderslie] on the line to Paisley Gilmour Street.

The viaduct was pierced by the line of the Paisley and Barrhead District Railway which passed below. Ferguslie station (never opened to regular traffic) was just to the south.

The viaduct was rebuilt in the late 1980s when the Paisley and Barrhead District Railway^s bridge over Beith Road was demolished. The arches are now filled and strengthened.

To the west the line passes over Linwood Road and to the east Howe Street.

Tags

Viaduct