This was a single platform station with the platform to the south of a level crossing and a siding to the north on the west side of the line, approached from the south.
The station house survives, in use as a house. A timber station building does not. The level crossing still exists. The loading bank to the north still exists.
A passing loop was installed south of the station, with the loop on the east side, in 1916 due to increased Great War traffic. An additional signal box was added at the south end, Fowlis Crossing, in addition to the existing box, Fowlis Station, which lasted until 1949.
The station closed to passengers in 1960.
The station box, built in timber, was on the east side of the line just north of the level crossing opposite the goods siding turnout. It survived until 1961 and was replaced with a ground frame. The siding was taken out in 1962.
The station served Foulis Castle, to the north, and a rural area.
Fowlis is an alternative spelling.
| Teaninich Siding|
Dingwall Crossing Panel Box
Dingwall Scottish Oil Siding
Shoreton Level Crossing
Black Rock Gorge
Dingwall No 1 LC
Dingwall Middle LC
Dingwall No 2 LC
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway (Railway History)
Highland Railway (The David & Charles series)
Highland Railway Album
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Highland Railway