Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.
This was a two platform station to the north of the level crossing at Holywood. On the west side of the line was a large goods yard, approached from the north.
The station was relocated south of the level crossing as Holywood [2nd] which allowed development of a loop on the east side of the line parlty occupying the land where the southbound platform had been located.
The station closed to goods in 1964.
Several buildings, including the signal box, goods shed and ancillary buildings survive. Nothing remains of the original platforms.
The signal box operates the wooden gates.
| Holywood Siding|
Lower Portrack Viaduct
Cairn Valley Junction
Heathhall Rubber Works
Maxwelltown Creamery Siding
Heathhall Farm Bridge
Guillyhill Level Crossing
Lincluden Collegiate Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1849||Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway|
Extended from Dumfries Ramsey Place Junction to Closeburn. Stations at Dumfries [2nd], Killylung, Auldgirth and Closeburn.
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History