This was a single platform station. The platform was on the north (village) side of the line. The Water of Leith was just to the south, alongside the line, with a footbridge crossing to the south bank,
On the north side of the line, accessed from the east, was the goods yard with a goods shed. To the north of these sidings was a mill lade for Wright's Mill (Corn) and Woodhall Bank Mill (Snuff).
There was a signal box, opened with the line but closed by 1889. A replacement opened in 1901 and closed in 1939.
The station closed to passengers in 1943 and the line closed altogether in 1967.
The trackbed is now a footpath.
Edinburgh Park Station [Tram]
| Kinleith Siding|
Kate's Mill Siding
Saughton West Signal Box
Network Rail Maintenance Delivery Unit Edinburgh
Gorgie Cattle Market [CR]
Whitelaw Foot Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/08/1874||Balerno Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Loop opened along with Balerno Goods. Stations opened at Colinton, Juniper Green, Currie [2nd] and Balerno.
|The Balerno Branch and the Caley in Edinburgh (Oakwood Library of Railway History)|