Also known as Paisley East Goods and Seedhill Depot. This goods depot was on the west side of the large stone built embankment of Paisley East station. Unlike the station, the goods yard opened. The yard was approached from a loop off the northbound line, this loop being south of the station. Running round was a little inconvenient as with the connection being onto the loop track. The goods line crossed Lacy Street by a level crossing on a long diagonal. The yard had a goods shed, sidings and loading banks. There was a siding to a dyeworks and laundry.
There was a signal box here which opened in 1905, with the line's opening to goods. This was on the east side of the south end of line at the south end of the loop. Opposite was a short siding off the loop, accessed from the north, with the goods yard connection a little further north.
The main line here was double track with both lines laid, despite the lack of connections at the triangular junction north of Paisley East. The line was later singled around 1909 (or 1919) with the southbound track lifted and northbound line cut back to just north of the loop. The easternmost girders on bridges were also removed.
The signal box was closed in 1923.
Despite closure in 1958, the site was visited by a tour in 1960.
The site is now housing the main line's embankment has been removed and there is little to betray a railway was ever here.
Paisley Hamilton Street
Paisley Gilmour Street
Paisley Canal [1st]
Paisley St James
| Paisley East Junction|
Paisley Signalling Centre
Hawkhead Shell Mex Siding
Hawkhead Oil Siding
Saucel Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1907||Paisley and Barrhead District Railway|
Seedhill Depot (Lacy Street Depot) protective clauses for Paisley Corporation.
The Paisley & Barrhead District Railway