Lamington

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Lamington (1848-1965)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Description

This was a two platform station. It was not convenient for the village of Lamington and Lamington House being a mile away by road and across the River Clyde.

The main station building was on the northbound platform with a waiting room on the southbound.

The goods yard was on the west side at the north end of the station and reached by reversal from the north. The station^s signal box was on the east side opposite the goods yard and north of the southbound platform.

The station closed in 1965 and the box closed in 1972 in the run up to electrification (Abington box briefly took over).

The railway remains open. The station^s access road remains, but nothing remains of the station.

To the south is the Lamington Viaduct.

Tags

Station




Books


An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways

Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)

Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)

Caledonian Railway

Caledonian Railway Carriages

Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style

Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock

Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press

Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)

Callander & Oban Railway Through Time

Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)

Signalling the Caledonian Railway

The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s

The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History

The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)

Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway

Vanished Railways of West Lothian