Letham Grange

Location type


Name and dates

Letham Grange (1883-1930)

Opened on the North British, Arbroath and Montrose Railway.


This two platform station was located east of Letham Grange for which it is named, there being very little else in the immediate area.

There was a goods yard on the west side of the station, approached by reversal from the north.

The signal box opened in 1881, the line opening to goods in 1880. It opened to passengers in 1883. The box was replaced in 1896, in preparation for the doubling in 1897.

The station closed to passengers in 1930 and the box closed in 1960.

The railway remains open as a double track main line. Nothing remains of the passenger station. The site of the goods yard is now warehousing. To the north of these a row of railway cottages survive in use as houses.


Letham Grange itself became the Letham Grange Hotel. Back in 1995 the hotel asked for a page, there being no other mentioning of the name 'Letham Grange' on the internet.

The hotel is not presently open (2018), but the golf course remains. Letham Grange Golf Club



External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67