This is a fine island platform station which retains its original two storey station building. Access to the station is by means of a footbridge which passes through the building at the first floor level, there being steps down to the platform.
The signal box, opened with the line, was at the west end of the station, on the north side of the line.
Maxwell Park Goods was to the west, south side of the line, accessed from the west.
To the north is Maxwell Park itself.
The box closed in 1961, replaced by Cathcart Power Box and Muirhouse Junction box.
The next station towards Glasgow Central is Pollokshields West and to the south is Shawlands station.
Bellahouston Park Halt
Shields Road [CGU]
Shields Road [GPJ]
Kinning Park [Subway]
Shields Road [Subway]
| Maxwell Park Goods|
Muirhouse South Junction
Shields Road Depot
Bellahouston No 1 Junction
Muirhouse South Junction [1st]
Pollokshaws West Goods
Bellahouston No 2 Junction
Shields Junction No 1
Bellahouston Cleaning Shed
Shields West Junction
Muirhouse Central Junction
Kinning Park Goods
Muirhouse Power Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/04/1894||Cathcart District Railway|
Extension line opened from Cathcart (New) to Muirhouse Junction for passengers and goods. Stations opened at Langside, Pollokshaws East, Shawlands, Maxwell Park and Pollokshields West.